How to Help
You can support the Murphy Center in many ways and help us in our mission to provide a continuum of services, in a single location, to help people to survive through crisis, move forward into stabilization and ultimately to thrive in a return to self-sufficiency while helping our community to make homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring.
Make a Financial Donation
The Murphy Center for Hope is a community driven collaborative effort to provide a single location where a wide array of agencies come together to provide resources and programs to help people stabilize their lives and regain self sufficiency. To be successful, the Murphy Center relies on the kindness and generosity of many supporters and community stakeholders. We are grateful for any support you can provide – no gift is too small. Your help will have a direct impact on the lives of those served by the Murphy Center.
Send a check to:
Murphy Center for Hope
PO Box 873
Fort Collins, CO 80522-0873
Every donation is important to the Murphy Center and those we serve and we are very appreciative of all of the wonderful people, groups, businesses, foundations and others that donate financially.
Volunteer (Group or Individually)
There are a number of ways that you or your organization can volunteer with the Murphy Center:
- Help our guests access core services such as lockers, mail, showers, laundry, computers, gear room, and more
- Organize food, clothing, gear, or hygiene drive at your work, neighborhood, school, church, etc
- Help out in our Food Pantry
- Volunteer with the Dedicated Navigator program (help people to enroll for benefits like Food Stamps, TANF, and other essential forms of aid)
- Do product donation pick ups around town as your schedule permits
Check out the volunteer page by clicking on this link: Volunteer
For additional information about any volunteer activity that is listed above or below and/or to sign up for an event, please call Serena Thomas, Community Programs Director (Volunteer Point of Contact) at (970)430-6105 or send an email to Serena@HomewardAlliance.org.
Donate Non-perishable Food, Gear, Office Supplies, Hygiene Items, and Essential Outerwear
We welcome and very much appreciate donations of various supplies. Your donated items will immediately benefit the facility and the people we serve. For a complete with list of items currently being accepted at the Murphy Center please CLICK HERE.
Please contact Brennan Snyder, Distribution Coordinator, at Brennan@HomewardAlliance.org or (970) 829-1151 if you have questions about gear and supplies.
Help In Our Community
- Organize a food drive or a gear drive
- Include the Murphy Center in your estate planning/legacy gif
- Attend or sponsor a Murphy Center fundraising event
- Invite us to present to your group or business about the Murphy Center or about homelessness
For more information or questions about how to help, contact our Development Staff:
Pam Brewer, Development Director Pam@HomewardAlliance.org
Mandalee McNeil, Development Manager Mandalee@HomewardAlliance.org
Thank you for your thoughtfulness!
The Murphy Center is a Homeward Alliance Community Initiative and as such is the fiscal sponsor of any donation received by the Murphy Center. Please see the document below for verification of Homeward Alliance’s 501c3 Non Profit Designation: